I am just going to share how I hear sometimes with a barrage of quotes. Bear with me and follow His trail.
Gen 43:30-31 (NET) “30 Joseph hurried out, for he was overcome by affection for his brother and was at the point of tears. So he went to his room and wept there. 31 Then he washed his face and came out. With composure he said, “Set out the food.”
Gen 43:30-31 (KJV) “30 And Joseph made haste; for his bowels did yearn upon his brother: and he sought where to weep; and he entered into his chamber, and wept there. 31 And he washed his face, and went out, and refrained himself, and said, Set on bread. ”
Prov 30:12 (KJV) “12 There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness. ”
John 9:11 (KJV) “11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight. ”
Heb 10:22 (KJV) “22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. ”
Eph 5:26 (KJV) “26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, ”
Ephesians 6:19Good News Translation (GNT) “19 And pray also for me, that God will give me a message when I am ready to speak, so that I may speak boldly and make known the gospel’s secret.”
6 armors: truth, righteousness, gospel of peace, faith, salvation, word of God.
2 more items of the armor: Pray (communicate more and more deeply with God) -praying always in the Spirit with perseverence.
‘Cleanse me firstly of pride. I see it and I hate it. Help me know I can do nothing without you.
thank you for making all things possible with you.’
Jas 4:5-9 (KJV) “5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? 6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. ”
There is a healthy sorrow where I am sorry for sinning in this case pride, arrogance. and thinking I have the right to judge or put down any of His beautiful creations.
Proverbs 13:10 NIV “Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.”
Gal 6:1-3 (KJV) “1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. ”
I used to wonder how I would ever commit sins which were far from my doing. Then I started bragging and thinking I was to great in myself that I would never fall. I was wrong.
‘Once again, Father, forgive me for thinking I can do anything without you. Or not do anything such as resisting sin.’
Stephen’s last sermon:
Acts 7:51 (KJV) “51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. ”
‘Father forgive me for resisting the Holy Spirit.’
Heb 4:1-2 (KJV) “1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. ”
‘Forgive me for unbelief in all you do and in how good you are.’
‘Father, I repent of all these things. I am deeply sorry and intend to change my ways. I realize I can not do it and I know you can do anything. Hold my hand and help me through the evil in this world and in my habits. Guide me toward Your holiness.’
Titus 1:15-16 (KJV) “15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
It just goes downhill from there. I am interested in understanding what mind and conscience are.
“1. Conscience: Based on the Greek this word means “awareness” or “knowledge of.” This can relate to awareness of life and surroundings as well as awareness of sin.
2. Mind: Based on the Greek this word means “thought(s)” or “imagination.” This is our processor. Conscience brings awareness and knowledge to bear and our mind processes that information and from there we make decisions.
3. Soul: The Bible reveals that we are a tripartite (three parts) person. We are spirit, soul and body. Hebrews 4:12 tells us “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” In Scripture there are various usages of the word “soul.” To summarize to the best of my knowledge it is the life of the body (Mat. 2:20) and the part of us that connects our spirit to our bodies and our spirit to the spirit realm. This is where our conscience and mind operate and where we engage in spiritual warfare. I once saw an illustration that made sense to me. It was three circles in the design of a target (smallest inner circle surrounded by a second larger circle that was surrounded by a larger third circle). The area within the inner circle is our spirit. The area of the second circle is our soul and the area of the third circle is our flesh. The soul (second circle) serves as a buffer between our spirit and the material world of the flesh and also as a buffer between our spirit and the spirit realm.
4. Spirit: This is the real “us” at the deepest level, the part that was created in God’s image, for God is spirit. Within the spirit resides the concept of the throne of our heart (life). Only two can reside on this throne. Either we reside there or Christ. Satan has access to the soul, but cannot possess the spirit. We are born into sin and naturally reside on the throne of our heart. Jesus will not take up residence in our life until we are born-again.
5. Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit: He is God, the third part of the Triune Godhead.
* Note: Though I have given a basic outline defining the conscience, mind, soul and spirit. Regarding your question there is some blending between the various parts. In other words the lines are not simply black and white. There are attributes within the spirit that describe the conscience and mind of man. There are times that it is difficult to impossible for us to define the difference in the soul and spirit of man. These difficulties exemplify the complexity of our true nature, the beautiful life that God has given us. We with our finite minds will not fully comprehend what the infinite Creator has put together. This blending takes us to the point of understanding how when the Holy Spirit takes up residence in us that we become one with Christ. Not Christ and us, but one with Him (1 Cor. 6:17).”
‘Father I am sorry for getting distracted. For being too concerned with my own entertainment and comfort. For not being brave enough to go out into uncomfortable situations.’
More about distractions: http://biblereasons.com/distractions/
1Cor 7:35 (KJV) “35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction. ”
Luke 10:38-42 (KJV) “38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word. 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. ”